Hello! Welcome back. Today is day 36 of my 2979 day mission to achieve 10, mostly, life changing goals.
It this week had a theme it would be: Ugh.
After my day 25 video I was full of energy and optimism. And then, ugh.
I was supposed to go snowboarding last Monday, but I was behind on work and had some deadlines, so, I stayed home and worked. I decided I would just go on my own on Tuesday.
And then, ugh.
I went to bed Monday night feeling a little run down and woke up in the morning feeling terrible, like I had the flu, so instead of snowboarding, I slept. All day. I felt miserable. I had Ryan sub for my class Tuesday night.
Good thing, because, ugh.
I shit my pants. Yep, you heard me, I shit my pants. Tuesday night, right about the time my class would have been starting, I crawled out of bed, went to the bathroom to go pee, and as I was standing there I coughed, and boom- diarrhea. Not bad. But enough. And all I could say was, “Ut, oh!” So, I cleaned my undies, and myself, and went back to bed.
I slept most of Wednesday and started to feel better that night. Now, I was super behind, so I spent the next two days catching up on work. Plus, I was in The Friday Show that Friday and hadn’t even looked at lines or what I need to collect for costumes. I was also busy Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. In fact, I was at the Comedy Spot from 9am-4:30PM and then 7pm-11:30PM.
Yesterday, I decided that enough was enough- I decided to go snowboarding on my own at Sierra at Tahoe. It was a beautiful day, and I was having a great time, and then, I ate shit, on the bunny slope, for no reason. I have been snowboarding for 14 years. I am solidly intermediate. I fell, on the bunny slope, doing nothing.
I fell on my left shoulder/chest and it HURT SO BAD. I think I have a bruised rib. Seriously, it heard something pop and every time I cough, or move my left arm in certain ways it hurts. It feels better this morning but it’s still pretty painful. It will be fine. I’ve done way worse.
I know what you are say, “Brian this has nothing to do with your goals!” I know!! All of my plans for this last week seemed to blow up in my face.
But, I am going to stop complaining now. I did accomplish a couple of things in the last week.
- I finished reading LEGEND!!! Yay! One book down. After I finish another book I will have completed one goal for this year. I think I should make myself merit badges for when I complete goals. I ordered PRODIGY and CHAMPION– the other two books in the series and already started reading PRODIGY. I finished a book, for fun!
- I started to make a budget. I am using a free service called MINT by Intuit. It’s a really good service that tracks your spending and allows you to create a budget! It’s amazing! It also showed me how much I was spending on cigarettes and fast food. Ugh.
- I have not smoked or had a drink in 23 days. I event went to a bar and snowboarding and didn’t drink. (Soda water for this guy.)
- It’s my Birthday tomorrow! That’s not really accomplishing a goal- except I didn’t die, so that’s good. I am going to play some laser tag for my birthday on Sunday. I will make sure to post some pictures on my social media! It’s spaced themed. I am 12 years old. 🙂
- I have a friend designing a t-shirt that I am going to sell on this site. (And donate some of the proceeds to the Sacramento Comedy Foundation.) It’s says, “YOU TOGETHER?” and has two fingers touching. It’s something I do when I talk to the audience at the beginning of shows. I didn’t even know I did it until someone pointed it out. Then I tried to stop doing it because I don’t want to be predictable. When I realize it was impossible to stop, I just embraced it. I probably won’t sell a lot, but at least I know my mom will buy one.
Well, that’s all I have to report. This week I want to create a writing schedule and get back to the gym.
I also decided that I am going to create some videos where you can see me trying new things- like cooking new healthy recipes , new workouts, clothes shopping for something other than t-shirts and hoodies, and adventures- stuff like that. Should be fun.
Okay, until next time. Bye!